Salary Range £40,552 - £50,143
We’ll accept applications up to the 10th December 2018 and interviews are likely to be scheduled throughout Advertising Period
Do you have a passion for all things digital? Are you technically-minded with a keen interest in the latest technology developments? Do you have the skills to play a key role in ensuring our organisation is a digital, customer-focused centre of excellence?
If so, we might just have the job for you.
What’s the job?
Student Loans Company is looking for a Technical Design Lead. This role will provide hands-on technical leadership, in the development, operation and ongoing improvement of complex, digital services. Ensure that high level analysis and design work for new initiatives is carried out in order to estimate resource requirements, decide on feasibility and produce high level costs.
How do I apply?
Essential Knoweldge and experience required:
- Experience organising and performing prototyping and proof of concepts
- Experience with Agile methodologies (TDD, SCRUM, Kanban, etc)
- Experience using and deploying on Cloud based platforms
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational database systems
- Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques
- An ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience working on technical projects within a team
- Working knowledge of unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X
- Knowledge of the use of version control systems such as subversion or git
Sound good? If so please apply below and a member of our dedicated Recruitment Team will be in touch!