Senior Solutions Architect
Salary Range £46,412 - £57,449
We’ll accept applications up to 20 December 2018 and interviews will be scheduled throughout the advertising period.
Do you have a passion for all things digital? Are you technically-minded with a keen interest in the latest technology developments? Do you have the skills to play a key role in ensuring our organisation is a digital, customer-focused centre of excellence?
If so, we might just have the job for you.
What’s the job?
Student Loans Company is looking for a Senior Solutions Architect
The primary purpose is to define, govern and assure the implementation of SLC’s Technical Architecture.
The team contributes directly to the delivery of SLCs Corporate Objectives by defining and governing a single Business led Enterprise Architecture Roadmap; and as curator of the Architecture Roadmap. It manages robust governance, processes and controls, and utilises flexible and responsive sourcing models as appropriate.
Being responsible for setting the company's strategic technical direction, the highly productive, skilled and engaged Architecture team operates on industry standards and best practices. Its aim being to deliver a modern, scalable, secure, resilient and safe multi-tiered architectural platform.
This role supports the Student Loans Company’s vision and mission by:
- Defining the Architecture and design of applications in support of projects within a wider change programme
- Supporting the definition of application and technology roadmaps
- Assisting in the definition of the company’s technical vision and strategy, driving its adoption throughout SLC
- Providing technical leadership to colleagues
How do I apply?
It is essential you are degree level educated or equivalent experience
You must also have strong generalist experience in a wide range of the following areas:
- Awareness of enterprise architecture frameworks
- Contributing to business cases to support future projects
- Working with software delivery partners in a multi-vendor environment, including pre-Contract engagement, preparation of invitations to tender and tender evaluation
- Agile and Waterfall project delivery methodologies
- Evolutionary architecture and emergent design
- Lean methods
And strong specialist experience in four of the following areas:
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools and techniques
- Experience of telephony and IVR systems, IVR analytics tools, CRM implementations, Document management solutions
- Cloud Services
- Enterprise integration patterns and tooling.
- Design and/or development of applications in a multi-tiered environment using the Java language and related technologies
- Design and/or development of applications in an Oracle 12c database environment and related technologies – Oracle Forms, PL/SQL
- Design of data stores using SQL and/or NoSQL database technologies – Oracle, MongoDB
- Web services design and/or development – SOAP / REST
- Design and/or development of applications that use asynchronous messaging systems for integration
- CI/CD techniques
Sound good? If so please apply below and a member of our dedicated Recruitment Team will be in touch!
Please note - As part of the selection process, SLC uses third parties to perform a number of pre-employment checks including reference, criminal record and credit reference. They may supply us with information that will assist us with our recruitment decision.