Glasgow city centre
Salary - £37,520 - £39,006 per annum ( Internal applicants subject to Reward principles found on the intranet)
G4 - Permanent - Monday to Friday (9.00am - 5.30pm)
We’ll accept applications up to the 17th October 2019 and interviews are likely to be scheduled shortly after.
**Please note you will not be eligible to apply for this vacancy if you are currently on a formal stage of Attendance Management Policy**
Do you have a passion for all things digital? Are you technically-minded with a keen interest in the latest technology developments? Do you have the skills to play a key role in ensuring our organisation is a digital, customer-focused centre of excellence?
If so, we might just have the job for you.
What's the job?
Student loans Company is looking for a Senior Security Analyst to join us on a permanent basis.
The Senior Security Analyst sits within the Technology Group - Security team focused on ensuring that SLC technical infrastructure at all levels and all stored data is fully safeguarded against malicious attack through monitoring, alerting and responding.
- Take an active role in security processes, including, managing and reporting to key stakeholders, running incident meetings and tracking and progressing activities to resolution.
- Co-ordinate required remedial activities and responses with individuals such as 3rd parties, law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies.
- Perform analysis of suspicious systems, files or communications
- Gather evidence / logs using forensic processes and techniques to preserve integrity.
- To monitor and maintain the security of Student Loans Company information systems.
- Development, maintenance and promotion of technical ICT security procedures in response to defined risk, threats and technological requirements.
- Contribute to security management processes across ICT departments.
- To monitor and assess the impact of vulnerabilities and work with ICT to coordinate appropriate remedial actions.
- Working within the Information Security Operations team you will take an active role in overseeing compliance with corporate Identity Management policy
- Ensure that Joiners, Movers and Leavers processes are operated effectively
- Operate and maintain the companies Identity Management Platform
Please view the attached job description for full details.
How to Apply?
It is essential you have a strong background in Cyber and Information Security, a comprehensive knowledge of current industry security standards (ISO27001, PCI-DSS) and the ability to communicate technical security standards to other technical teams and mediate in any conflicts between security policy and technical implementations.
Sound good? If so please apply below and a member of our dedicated Recruitment Team will be in touch!
**Please note - As part of the selection process, SLC uses third parties to perform a number of pre-employment checks including reference, criminal record and credit reference. They may supply us with information that will assist us with our recruitment decision**
** This role requires SC security clearance **