Glasgow city centre
Salary - £37,520 - £39,006 per annum ( Internal applicants subject to Reward principles found on the intranet)
G4 - Permanent - Monday to Friday (9.00am - 5.30pm)
We’ll accept applications up to the 17th October 2019 and interviews are likely to be scheduled shortly after.
**Please note you will not be eligible to apply for this vacancy if you are currently on a formal stage of Attendance Management Policy**
Do you have a passion for all things digital? Are you technically-minded with a keen interest in the latest technology developments? Do you have the skills to play a key role in ensuring our organisation is a digital, customer-focused centre of excellence?
If so, we might just have the job for you.
What's the job?
Student loans Company is looking for a Senior Security Analyst to join us on a permanent basis.
The Security Core Platforms Team sits within the Technology Group - Security team focused on ensuring that the Security Applications protecting SLCs infrastructure, applications and data are maintained, developed and a strategic plan of renewal and upgrade is in place to allow SLC to keep up with current trends in attack and legal requirements.
- Take a leading role in ensuring SLC systems and data are secure from internal and external threat actors
- Undertake technical risk assessments of SLC systems and communicate findings to senior stakeholders
- Drive improvements in SLC’s security posture through enhancements to security tools
- Ensure that security risks are reduced or mitigated through effective security practices
- Contribute to security strategy and security tooling selection
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to effectively communicate security issues
- Provide ICT security advice and consultancy on a day to day basis.
Please view the attached job description for full details.
How to Apply?
It is essential you have a strong background in Cyber and Information Security, a comprehensive knowledge of technology enabled controls i.e. IDS, IPS, Encryption, Cryptography, Key management, Wireless comms, Penetration Testing, Firewalls and the ability to communicate technical security standards to other technical teams and mediate in any conflicts between security policy and technical implementations.
Sound good? If so please apply below and a member of our dedicated Recruitment Team will be in touch!
**Please note - As part of the selection process, SLC uses third parties to perform a number of pre-employment checks including reference, criminal record and credit reference. They may supply us with information that will assist us with our recruitment decision**
** This role requires SC security clearance **