£48,255 to £51,171 per annum
Europa Building - Permanent - Grade 5
We’ll accept applications up to 10th December 2018 and interviews will be scheduled week commencing 17th December 2018.
Do you have a passion for all things digital? Are you technically-minded with a keen interest in the latest technology developments? Do you have the skills to play a key role in ensuring our organisational is a digital, customer-focused centre of excellence?
If so, we might just have the job for you.
What’s the job?
The role is to provide the key technology leadership to the platform team, supporting the Head of Delivery to deliver the Student Loans Company’s vision and mission by:
- Developing an end-to-end understanding of the platform business and application capabilities
- Implementing the strategy as defined by the Architecture team and leading the solution design for the given platform
- Representing the delivery teams and working closely with other teams across Technology Group and the wider business
- Ensuring seamless integration across systems to provide customers with the best possible digital experience
- Engaging in early stage of project discovery define the solution and approach
- Providing technical leadership to colleagues
- Supporting technology governance, innovation and continuous improvement across teams.
- Supporting the architecture team in the definition of application and technology roadmaps
How do I apply?
Successful candidate will have a strong software development experience across full software development lifecycle design and/or development of applications in a multi-tiered environment using the Java. You will also have language and related technologies, design and/or development of applications in an Oracle 12c database environment and related technologies – Oracle Forms, PL/SQL, design of data stores using relational and/or no sql databases (e.g. MongoDB), data modelling including design and maintenance of conceptual, logical and physical data models, design and/or development of applications that use asynchronous messaging systems for integration, working with software delivery partners in a multi-vendor environment, including pre-Contract engagement, preparation of invitations to tender and tender evaluation you will be contributing to business cases to support future projects. Agile and Waterfall project delivery methodologies are essential and also knowledge of continuous integration tools and techniques.
Sound good? If so please apply below and a member of our dedicated Recruitment Team will be in touch!
**Please note - As part of the selection process, SLC uses third parties to perform a number of pre-employment checks including reference, criminal record and credit reference. They may supply us with information that will assist us with our recruitment decision**