Grade - Salary £31,445 - £33,983
We’ll accept applications up to the 25th February 2019 and interviews will be early March 2019
Are you highly numerate with an aptitude for complex figures? Do you have the ability to articulate financial concepts clearly? Would you like to be part of an organisation whose turnover is among the largest in the country, in a diverse team responsible for ensuring public money is used appropriately and effectively?
If this sounds like you, we might just have the perfect job.
What’s the job?
The Financial Accounting function sits within the Finance Division under the Chief Financial Officer. The Directorate controls expenditure and provides clear and accurate management information, providing value for money from suppliers through contracts and procurement, as well as mitigating the organisation’s exposure to financial risk.
To support the Senior Financial Accountant in ensuring that systems of financial discipline, integrity and control are maintained to the highest professional standards expected of a major financial service organisation. The role will ensure payments, journal postings, reconciliations, forecasting, balance sheet reconciliations and associated control processes are completed in accordance with the Financial Accounting timetable. The role will deliver training to others in your areas of expertise and provide support and guidance on an ongoing basis.
- Preparation and review of bulk payments to suppliers, staff and other third parties in line with applicable guidance ensuring robust approval processes are in place.
- Manage and reconcile SLC bank accounts and balances and perform key control account reconciliations for designated balance sheet accounts for manager review. Ensuring that all outstanding items are investigated and cleared promptly and support the Senior Financial Accountant in challenging key balance sheet control accounts.
- Perform Loan Book Reconciliation for SLC ensuring financial integrity is maintained in the SLC Loan system in conjunction with the Financial Operations team.
- Forecast cash movements for SLC Operational funding.
- Post journals relating to bank accounts, prepayments, accruals and other journals as required to ensure the integrity of data in Oracle financial systems.
- Assist in preparation of statutory and regulatory returns for manager review.
- Champion governance controls, challenging processes and practices to help achieve a high performing Finance function.
- Ensure operational procedures are up to date and continual review where change is identified. Establish a regular cross training programme to ensure that knowledge is maintained for periods of cover.
- Support accounts payable, accounts receivable, treasury, payroll, capital and technical accounting functions when required.
- There may be times when you will also be expected to carry out other reasonable management instructions or requests to suit the business needs.
How do I apply?
You will be full or part CCAB qualified accountant or qualified by experience, evidenced in a similar role, preferably with exposure in financial services and/or a public sector environment. You will have a high level of IT literacy as you will be expected to be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office or equivalent, and have experience of a range of mainstream financial systems and reporting packages. Experience of Oracle systems an advantage.
Sounds like you? If so please apply below and a member of our dedicated Recruitment Team will be in touch!
Please note - As part of the selection process, SLC uses third parties to perform a number of pre-employment checks including reference, criminal record and credit reference. They may supply us with information that will assist us with our recruitment decision.