Breach Management Manager
£43,769 - £47,795 per annum
Permanent – Grade 5
We’ll accept applications up to 20th December 2018 and interviews will be scheduled during the advertising period.
Do you have a passion for all things digital? Are you technically-minded with a keen interest in the latest technology developments? Do you have the skills to play a key role in ensuring our organisation is a digital, customer-focused centre of excellence?
If so, we might just have the job for you.
What’s the job?
The Breach management team is part of Security Incident Management, which sits within the Technology Group - Security team of SLC. Breach management is the activity by which all events relating to Personal Data are triaged, investigated, managed and remediated. The Breach management team has escalation paths to the Security Incident, Data Protection Office and Counter Fraud teams.
Management of reported events provides an opportunity for gaining a greater understanding of Data Protection, the functions of SLC, and risk-based assessments of reported events.
The Lead Analyst will direct a team of analysts in the effective execution of investigations, be a point of escalation for the team, and communicate effectively with the rest of the organisation.
How do I apply?
Successful candidates will Investigate reported events to assess relative importance, Understand the types of remediation required to comply with Data Protection Regulations, assist in the administration of reported data events, Identify cases that need to be escalated to the Data Protection Office, Security Incident, or Counter Fraud, Assist in Root Cause analysis work in identifying patterns in reports and also assist in supporting general educational awareness on Data Breaches within SLC
The Key Responsibilities are;
- Manage data events from initial triage to final remediation
- Maintain an accurate record of investigations
- Continuously Improve team processes and documentation
- Provide information to internal teams ensuring the appropriate stakeholders are engaged
- Ensure Service Level Agreements are met
- Assist in the delivery of regular Management Information on events
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Ability to clearly communicate with business stakeholders at various levels
- Knowledge of legal, regulatory and best practice data security standards
- Knowledge of business process review/development
Sound good? If so please apply below and a member of our dedicated Recruitment Team will be in touch!
Please note - As part of the selection process, SLC uses third parties to perform a number of pre-employment checks including reference, criminal record and credit reference. They may supply us with information that will assist us with our recruitment decision.