Grade 5 - £41,278 - £51,171 per annum
Glasgow or Darlington
12 months Fixed Term Contract
We’ll accept applications up to the 24 June 2019 and interviews are likely to be scheduled for shortly thereafter
Do you want to be part of a fast-moving, dynamic organisation? Could you thrive in a customer-focused business environment? Would you like the opportunity to create and execute strong tender plans which meet stakeholder requirements?
If you answer ‘yes’ to all these questions, we might have the perfect job for you.
What’s the job?
Student Loans are looking for a Contracts Manager to develop and implement tender and contract management plans for an allocated commodity area of expenditure. In this role, you will have responsibility for the management of contracts within your commodity area throughout the contract life-cycle. You will engage with and influence stakeholders across the organisation to create and execute strong tender plans which meet stakeholder requirements, align with any applicable category strategy developed by the Category Manager, are compliant with legislation/governance requirements, and deliver optimum value for money for the UK taxpayers in a collaborative and timely manner.
You will provide tender and Contract Management advice and guidance to relevant stakeholders, promoting good commercial practice and deliver continuous improvement within the tender and contract management processes.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and executing effective Commodity plans
- Developing highly effective working relationships across the business
- Driving a culture of compliance and improvement
- Ensuring a strong approach is undertaken to performance tracking and reporting
- Staff Management & Development
- Support the Commercial Director and Commercial Services team
How do I apply?
It is essential that you have the relevant knowledge, skills and experience for this role. A full list is available in the attached Job Description, and the main criteria are:
- Track record of procurement and contract delivery within a large/complex organisation, preferably within a Public Sector environment
- Extensive experience of contract management including developing forward contract plans
- Demonstrable stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Experience in interpreting contractual arrangements
- Significant experience of delivering value for money through procurement and contract management activity
- Good knowledge of tender and contract management processes and techniques
- Demonstrated high level of autonomy and ability to influence in a matrix organisation
- Risk identification relative to tendering and contract management
- Demonstrable team management and development skills
- Ability to work well within a matrix-style team environment
- MCIPS accreditation or equivalent qualification or experience
Sounds good? If so, please apply below and a member of our dedicated Recruitment Team will be in touch!
**Please note - As part of the selection process, SLC uses third parties to perform a number of pre-employment checks including reference, criminal record and credit reference. They may supply us with information that will assist us with our recruitment decision**