What we offer
What's more, it serves our need to maintain a professional edge, consistent with our customers' expectations. Our people tell us there's a wide variety of reasons why they work for us. We recognise the importance of a healthy work-life balance and our staff policies reflect this.
No matter what career you choose with us, you'll find that:
- you are working in a fast moving and dynamic company
- you have the opportunity to develop skills in the course of your everyday work and through specific training
- you are surrounded by friendly people
- you have a good selection of benefits.
- and, last but not least, our offices offer pleasant surroundings.
When joining SLC you will attend a "Welcome Day" to find out more about the Company, gain an insight into our history and learn about our products and plans.
After this, the training you receive will depend on your job and will vary across different disciplines. For anyone joining our Customer Contact team they will get a four week induction including systems and product training as well as customer service training to ensure you are equipped with the skills and knowledge to deliver what are customers expect.
Whatever role you take on within our company, we make sure our people have all of the necessary skills and knowledge they need to do their job effectively by:
- supporting personal development through various external, internal, on-the-job and online training schemes
- considering sponsorship through Further Education courses if relevant to your role
- each employee having an annual performance review with regular follow-ups throughout the year
- developing a personal development plan, linked to personal objectives.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our Diversity and Inclusion Policy applies at all times and influences the way we treat other individuals; whether they be colleagues, customers or other business contacts.
We believe that each person's aptitude, experience, qualifications and potential are important and so we treat everyone fairly when we decide who to employ or promote, as well as how we train and develop our people and how we reward them. And of course we apply the same policy to our business, to ensure the services we provide also treat everyone fairly.